Waste recycling has some significant advantages. Recycling turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources and generates a host of environmental, financial, and social benefits. It prevents the emission of many greenhouse gases and water pollutants.
Recycling decreases the need to extract and process virgin material, which pollute air, soil and water with toxic material. It saves energy necessary to produce new materials.
Read Also: Advantages of Waste Recycling
It can save from 1.5 to 5 times more energy than is generated by incineration. In summary, waste recycling offers the following advantages:
For the Managers of Waste:
- Reduction of waste volume
- Cost savings in collection, transport, and disposal
- Longer life span for landfills
- Reduction of adverse environmental impacts.
For the Economy
- Reduction of imports (for fertilizers or soil amendments) and thus less foreign currency required
- Job opportunities and income for the people
- Cheap products (made from recycled materials) for the poor
- Reduces the amount of energy required to manufacture new products.
For the Environment
- Sustainable use of resources: for example, less energy consumption and thus less pollution
- Reduced amount of waste going to storage sites, resulting in a more manageable system
- Reduces environmental impacts arising from waste treatment and disposal
- Makes the surroundings cleaner and healthier.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!
Have you visited our Market Place Today? Follow this link to visit Agric4profits.com Market Place now to check out our affordable products & services that might interest you and solve your current needs at a very cheap price.